Megamind has the coolest bat slippers ever. So of course I had to recreate them!
– Red Heart Super Saver in Black and Red
– H Hook
– The first four rounds of the main slipper should be about 3.25 inches across
– There is only one size for this pattern: adult woman’s about an 8 or 9 shoe size. However, the basic slipper is really easy to adapt.
– I prefer the “wrongside” of hdc, the side away from you as you work it in the round, as the outside of the slipper. The only time this actually matters is when doing the heel and I have notes for this part.
Basic Slipper Pattern (make two)
– With black, chain 4 and join into a ring
Round 1: Ch 1 (does NOT count as a stitch throughout), 10 hdc in ring, join to top of 1st hdc (10)
Round 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc in each hdc around, join (20)
Round 3: Ch 1, (hdc in next st, 2 hdc in next st) around, join (30)
Round 4: Ch 1, (hdc next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next st) around, join (40)
– Work 16 rounds of hdc, joining at the end of each round, or until you have reached where you want to put the heel
– Chain 20, Skip 20 and slst in the next (21st) stitch. This becomes the new start of round.
– Ch 1, hdc in each hdc and ch around, join (40) Note: Be careful of the slst marking the old start of round. To avoid a gap, you may wish to hdc it together with the first chain
– Ch 1, hdc around, join
– Ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc in each hdc around, join to top of chain 3
– Ch 1, fpsc around chain 3 at start of previous round, ch 1 (counts as starting fpdc), (bpdc around next dc, fpdc around next dc) around, ending with a bpdc. Join to top of “starting fpdc” and FO
Note: Regardless of which side you prefer out, make sure the “front” side of the hdc is facing outward. If you prefer the backside to be facing out you will probably need to turn the slipper inside out.
– Join black to the opening for the heel.
– Ch 1, hdc 40 sts around opening, join (40)
– Ch 1, (hdc in next 2 sts, hdc2tog) around, join (30)
– Ch 1, hdc in ea st around, join
– Ch 1, (hdc in next st, hdc2tog) around, join (20)
– Ch 1, hdc2tog around, join (10)
– FO and sew the gap closed in a line across the heel
Bat Wings (make 4)
Note that you are to turn at the end of each row
– With black, chain 6
– Working along the backside of the chain, sc 5 (5)
– Ch 1, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog (5)
– Ch 3, 2 sc along chain, sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st (8)
– Ch 1, 2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts, sc2tog, ignore rest of row (5)
– Ch 3, 2 sc along chain, sc2tog, sc in next 3 sts (6)
Sew to sides of slippers
Eyes (make 4)
– With red, chain 9
– Working along the backside of the chain: slst 2, sc, hdc, dc 2, hdc, sc
– FO and tie end tail to start tail to make edge a little pointier
Sew to front of slippers